Weatherford Fire Department continues awesomeness
Here’s a press release Fire Prevention Month – which is happening right this very moment! – and the Weatherford Fire Department. We often take for granted what fire fighters do when they aren’t busy knocking down blazes.
WEATHERFORD -Fighting fires, public education and serving the community are all full-time responsibilities for the Weatherford Fire Department. To recognize the efforts of Fire Departments across the country, October has been designated as National Fire Prevention month.
According to Weatherford Fire Chief, David Wright, the Weatherford Fire Department has experienced a record number of outdoor fires this year. Due to the drought and record breaking heat, the department’s fourteen full-time fire fighters have battled 111 grass/land fires so far this year, compared to fighting an average of 105 during previous years.
Wright states the primary focus of the department is to fight fires, but he adds that a big emphasize is placed on educating the public as much as possible about fire prevention and how to conduct themselves in the event of a fire.
Wright, who has been with the department since 1988 and Chief for the past 7 years, said fire prevention is a year-round focus with schools, nursing homes, local businesses and residents. “We provide in-service training, which includes fire drills, prevention and exit procedures. We also inspect and give away smoke detectors to those residents who cannot purchase one themselves,” Wright said.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16859Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12191OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11527'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11272Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11209Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9827Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7998Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6986Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6951Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5788Oklahoma Corrections Department director to resign
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients