Doing good in southwest Oklahoma City
What’s happening in Riverpark is pretty special.
Good things are happening in the southwest Oklahoma City neighborhood, and I just found out about their newest project. Volunteers delivered more than 50 holiday care packages to seniors in their community.
I’ve written a lot about Riverpark, mostly because I think what they’re doing is so neat. More than 100 homes – that’s 1 in 5! – have been remodeled through a Catholic summer camp. They were finalist for the national Neighborhood of the Year. (They finished second. Not too shabby!)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 72395Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14464Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8451Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7239How to help tornado victims
- 6453Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6316Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6292Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6021Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5304Details emerge about memorial service for Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5155Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients