Duped at the register on Black Friday
This morning I headed out at 4 a.m. to hit the Black Friday sales. (Apparently, so did nearly everyone else in this entire state.) I had a game plan. I had a list and knew how much I wanted to spend. My goal was to top it off at $100, which would get about half of the people on my lists plus earn me a $10 gift card. While I was checking out, my total hit $110 before everything had been rung up. I decided to hold back on two purchases and call it a day. Later, I checked my recipt to find out what happened.
I was tricked!
There was a rack of children’s two-piece pajamas set for $7. I perused the rack, looking for which ones I wanted to buy for my daughter and for my niece. I found two really adorable sets and dropped them in my cart. But my receipt didn’t say $7 each – they were $15 each.
How did this happen? Some crafty organization by the store owners.
The sale items were only on the top half of the two-tier rack. Everything on the lower half wasn’t on sale.
I’ll keep my PJ sets because they’re so darn cute, but I’ll keep that in mind the next time I think I’m getting a holiday sale.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients