12 Days of Christmas Savings: Nine Ladies Saving
App it up.If you have an iPhone, it’s one of the many reasons you’re cooler than I am. Put that phone to work for you. Use ShopSavvy to scan bar codes and see prices for that same item at other stores and online. Coupon Online Codes provides discount codes for online shopping.
Divvy the cost. Go in with your siblings to get your parents something. Have a name drawing in your family – even if it’s a small family.
Check gift registries. OK, so this isn’t really anything about saving money. But if you have friends who are engaged or expecting, they’ve probably got a registry. Check it. Use it. Thank you, free wish list!
Skip credit card “discounts.” It’s not worth saving 10 percent – which is what, like $5? – to open a store credit card. You’ll end up paying that $5 back plus some. Don’t fall for the trick!
Be careful of warranties. Ask for the final price and compare it to the total cost. Check with your home owner’s insurance to find out whether big purchases, like TVs and laptops, are covered. A lot of times the store warranties’ selling point is that your TV will be protected from theft. Well, insurance probably does the same thing. But find out ahead of time.
Save on Santa pics.Take advantage of free and cheap Santa photos for your kid, your dog or yourself. I recommend the Santa at Northpark Mall. He’s there because of Northwest Oklahoma City Rotary, so all the proceeds benefit Rotary projects. (Rotary benefits all kinds of things – particularly projects that provide clean drinking water.) Also, some of the packages are super cheap. Plus you can buy things by the page, so you don’t have to order 97 pictures and then try to find 97 people to take them. Seriously? Yes. And, and, and … you can have your pet photographed with him, too. The only down side is that the pictures can be a little hit or miss because it’s a regular camera. But the up side is that you can look at it right there and ask for a re-take.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24939Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15605Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9621UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8603Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7447Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6907Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 6484Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6322OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6156Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5797Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients