Deluxe Indie Craft Bazaar: Erin Cooper
So, without further delay: Erin Cooper of Oklahoma City.
Q: Tell me about your company and what you make.
A: My company is named Pippin + Pearl and we make handmade gifts & accessories. We specialize in items that are inspired by classic vintage styles and we try to incorporate vintage items such as jewelry, buttons, trim and even millinery supplies in our designs. We are currently transitioning from being featured in a local vintage shop, Mister Rabbit, to launching our online store at pippinandpearl.com, and, hopefully, being carried in multiple boutiques in Oklahoma City.
Q: Why do you do hand-made items? What do you get out of it creatively, personally, professionally?
A: I’m a graphic designer and I have always loved creating art. Crafting gets me out of the digital realm and allows me to create something tangible, and I find that super satisfying. It is also something that has brought me closer to the community here in OKC. I’m not a native of Oklahoma. I came here from Colorado and met Sara Cowan of Deluxe in December of 2008.
Creatively – a chance to design and create my own accessories. I love making things and then having people come up to me at the store or the library and ask me, “Where did you get that awesome scarf/necklace/headband?” I read a ton of style blogs and fashion magazines for inspiration. I pay attention to the colors on the runway and the accessories being worn in magazines and movies. I love that being a handmade artist allows you to respond quickly to trends. I find it so gratifying to see something I like and come up with my own twist on a look or style.
Personally – I have made some amazing friendships through the crafting community. I’ve created an identity outside of my professional life, and I have hopes that one day I’ll be able to merge the two and you know… world domination and all that.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101343Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13633Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10711Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9528OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8426Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7731How to help tornado victims
- 7199Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 5774Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5631Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients