Another jerk child
Last week I wrote about children’s letters to Santa, and I mentioned about what a little jerk of a kid I was on one particular Christmas. I got a fantastic email from a woman named Karen McKellips:
I can relate to today’s column. I, too, was a jerk as a child who wanted “boys’ toys” for Christmas but always got dolls. At about age 5, when at Grandmother’s house my two boy cousins unwrapped the requested b.b. guns and I a stupid doll, I promptly kicked over the Christmas tree during my tantrum. My aunt gave me my cousin’s “last year’s gun” to calm me down. I have the picture on display today of the 3 of us posing with our weapons. (I am 70 years old.) Although he wasn’t present when this event occurred, Fred Self, of Fred’s Signs, who painted Santa’s Official Mailbox, was only a couple of blocks away. He and I have known each other since birth, both being natives of Thomas, Oklahoma.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 96630Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13870Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9391Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8546Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 8291OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 7627How to help tornado victims
- 7193Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6598Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 6117Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 5969Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients