How to help Officer Chad Peery
A fund has been set up to help the family of Officer Chad Peery. Peery was beaten while trying to break up a fight at an Oklahoma City bar. Here a press release from the Oklahoma City Police Department:
Incident # 11-011433
Arrested Person #1: Rinken, Joshua Bernard (W/M, DOB: 8/6/1982) of Norman, OK
Arrested Person #2: Smith, Jimmy Dan (W/M, DOB: 7/5/1982) of Tuttle, OK
Arrested Person #3: Lopez, Cadmio Antonio (W/M, DOB: 6/19/1979) of Newcastle, OK
On 2/15/2011 at 10:17 p.m., Oklahoma City Police were summoned to Dan O’Briens at 2747 W. Memorial Rd. regarding an off-duty Oklahoma City police officer who had been assaulted. When officers arrived they discovered Officer Chad Peery seriously injured, just outside of the front doors of the business. Officer Peery was transported to O.U. Medical Center in critical condition.
Investigators have learned that Officer Peery had been at the business for a short period of time when he was approached by an employee of the business who recognized him as a police officer. The employee notified Officer Peery of a disturbance that was taking place inside of the business. The three arrested persons listed above were loudly arguing with other patrons of the business. Officer Peery, who was unarmed, interceded and asked the men to leave. As Officer Peery was escorting the men from the business, two of them, Mr. Rinken and Mr. Smith began to assault him. Mr. Lopez actively prevented anyone from coming to the aid of the officer as he was being assaulted. Officer Peery suffered a serious spinal cord injury during the attack. The three suspects then fled the scene. A fourth man who was with the three suspects inside of the business, was not involved in the assault on the officer and was not arrested. All three persons involved in the assault had prior knowledge that Officer Peery was a police officer.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 62337Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 33106Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 31955Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 14420Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8241Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6093Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4001Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 3741Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 3534Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 3461Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients