Red Cross Day in Oklahoma
The Legislature did something productive today. Here’s a press release from the speaker’s office:
Lawmakers approved a resolution today to designate March 3 as Red Cross Day and March as Red Cross Month.
House Resolution 1009, by state Rep. Joe Dorman, recognizes the Red Cross for its work in responding to an average of 200 disasters nationally each year and its history of service over the past century.
“I was honored to carry the resolution recognizing the Red Cross, the month of March being Red Cross Month in Oklahoma,” Dorman, D-Rush Springs, said. “People don’t realize how much this organization impacts our state. They hold bood drives providing the needed blood in case of tragedy or just if someone needs a transfusion. Last year, in my district, every single home lost power during the ice storm. The Red Cross was there providing supplies and assistance at the shelters. We were all very grateful for their service.”
American Red Cross of Central Oklahoma CEO Janienne Bella said the resolution provides her organization with an opportunity to increase public awareness of their volunteer opportunities.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 28347Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 17448Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7187OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5536OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4738Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3702Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3694Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3367Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3246Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients