Bricktown Rotary hosts fundraiser tonight for Japan tsunami, earthquake relief
Bricktown Rotary is hosting an event tonight to raise money for those affected by the tsunami and earthquake in Japan. Here’s a press release from them:
Bricktown Rotary announced today that it will host a fundraiser on Monday night to benefit victims of the tragic earthquake and tsunami in Japan.
The fundraiser, which will be held at the Rococo Restaurant location on Pennsylvania Ave., will feature celebrity bartenders and auction items. The restaurant will also donate a portion of its sales to the relief efforts.
“We are so grateful to everyone who has helped us bring this event together so quickly,” said Mark Mann, president of Bricktown Rotary. “Our club has a strong commitment to active service, and the response to our call to action has been outstanding.”
Proceeds from the event will benefit Rotary District 2520, which encompasses northern Japan, many of whose members have suffered great losses from the recent devastation. Bricktown Rotary is a member of District 5750, which has had an exchange with the Japan district for more than 30 years.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients