Shots fired near University of Oklahoma campus
Shots were fired about 5 p.m. near S Flood Avenue and W Boyd Street. Police are searching for two vehicles.
NORMAN — Shots were fired near the University of Oklahoma campus Wednesday, authorities said.
The incident occurred about 5 p.m. at 612 S Flood Ave., near W Boyd Street. The homeowner told police that a man had come to the home to look at a microphone that he had put up for sale online, police Capt. Tom Easley said.
The man asked if he could show it to his girlfriend in the pickup, but instead left with the microphone and the homeowner fired two shots at the fleeing black Dodge Durango, Easley said.
It appears no one was struck by the bullets, and no arrests were made Wednesday, he said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 22254Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17756Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12801Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10958Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10241Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9718Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8905OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures