Shots fired near University of Oklahoma campus
Shots were fired about 5 p.m. near S Flood Avenue and W Boyd Street. Police are searching for two vehicles.
NORMAN — Shots were fired near the University of Oklahoma campus Wednesday, authorities said.
The incident occurred about 5 p.m. at 612 S Flood Ave., near W Boyd Street. The homeowner told police that a man had come to the home to look at a microphone that he had put up for sale online, police Capt. Tom Easley said.
The man asked if he could show it to his girlfriend in the pickup, but instead left with the microphone and the homeowner fired two shots at the fleeing black Dodge Durango, Easley said.
It appears no one was struck by the bullets, and no arrests were made Wednesday, he said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister