Hey, take my picture!
Newspaper photographers have interesting days, we could go from a rodeo to an arts and crafts show or from a church service to a motorcycle race in a single afternoon. One of the constant things that we hear, no matter what the assignment, is people shouting “Hey, take my picture!” Over the last ten years of working for newspapers, I must have heard some variation of that request hundreds of times. Usually it’s kids that ask to have their pictures taken. I always oblige and pull my camera up and take a few pictures, even though the paper would never use them. I don’t think kids even care if the picture is ever used, mostly they just want to hear the shutter click.
But, from now on, if I get that request, I’ll try to post the pictures on our blog site. Should make for a fun collection of pictures. Anyway, I was driving around looking for pictures of people in the rain. I saw that the students at Oklahoma Centennial High School were having football practice, so I stopped to see if I could make some rain pictures. Even though I didn’t get any pictures that I liked, I did get “hey, you should shoot my picture,” as I was leaving the field.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10710Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10389Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10187Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9807Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6458Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4074Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4073Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3712OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3641Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3479How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients