MD Anderson Cancer Clinic
When I left for Houston last Monday morning, I had a picture in my mind of what MD Anderson Cancer Clinic looked like. Jim Chastain had tried to explain what it was like. His wife Leann described it as “vast.” I had it pictured as one monster-sized building. I exited the highway, turned back to the west and found myself in a canyon of large buildings. “This must be downtown Houston,” I thought as I kept my eyes out for the large MD Anderson building. Then I realized that I wasn’t in downtown. I was in the medical district and most of the buildings around me were MD Anderson.
Construction on the MD Anderson hospital will double its size.
One view with a 24 mm lens can’t cover it all. All the buildings in this picture are related to the University of Texas’ MD Anderson Cancer Clinic. The building I’m standing on, the one next to that, and another across the street are part of the campus too. There’s another campus about a mile south of here, that has a few more buildings. I estimated for the representative from the communications office that if you combined Mercy Health Center, St Anthony’s Hospital, Southwest Medical Center, and OU Medical Center, you’d probably almost equal the size of MD Anderson. She pointed out that all those hospitals deal with gunshot wounds in their emergency rooms. They birth babies, run tests, and care for terminally ill patients. MD Anderson is that vast and all they do is deal with cancer.
Jim Chastain gets a CT scan at MD Anderson Cancer Clinic.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21951Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13280Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10987Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10877UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7355Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7058Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 6253Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5703Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5606Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5160Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients