Historic night at the Ford Center
I spent Monday night Monday night covering the women’s college basketball game between the OU Sooners and the defending national champions, the Tennessee Lady Vols, at the Ford Center. Tennessee head coach Pat Summitt was going for her 1,000th career win, while OU was trying to prove it deserves to be mentioned among the elite teams in women’s basketball.
OU won the game, 80-70, and history was made that night. Courney Paris’ streak of 112 consecutive double-doubles came to an end when she fouled out of the game with 38.2 seconds left with nine points and 12 rebounds.
I have to give it up to the OU fans. The atmosphere was loud and crazy in the arena. I also think that the game made more good reaction pictures from the players than any in recent memory.
Some of the photos from the game are below. And you can check out a full gallery from the game here.
OU’s Courtney Paris (3) waves to fans after fouling out of the game with 38.2 seconds left in the second half of the women’s college basketball game between Oklahoma and Tennessee at the Ford Center in Oklahoma City, Monday, February 2, 2009. OU won, 80-70. Paris finished with 9 points and 12 rebounds, breaking her streak of 112 consecutive double-doubles. BY NATE BILLINGS, THE OKLAHOMAN
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10394Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9157Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5761Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4888Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4371Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4162How to help tornado victims
- 4108Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4097OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4009Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 3995Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients