Life is Real update
This Sunday, the next installment in our series about Jim Chastain’s life will be published in The Oklahoman. Recently, I went to the M.D. Anderson Cancer Clinic with Jim and his wife, Leann. Some of my pictures will be from that trip when Jim got good news about his cancer. Here are a few more pictures.
Jim is escorted by an X-Ray technician, into a room for a chest x-ray during a visit to MD Anderson’s Cancer Clinic in Houston, Texas, on Tuesday Jan. 20, 2009. By John Clanton, The Oklahoman
One of the things I’ve been trying to do while photographing this series, is to take pictures not just of Jim and his family, but also keep an eye out for things that Jim would see while receiving treatment or going about his life. I hope that, if only in a small way, detail shots like these add to the reader’s understanding of how a place feels, or what the reader might see if they were in the same circumstances. A good example of that is on our Life is Real website. If you get a chance, watch the two videos about chemotherapy, they deal a lot more with what Jim sees and hears than with how I see him.
And if you have time, please check out some of the other videos on the Life is Real website.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16829OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 15402Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 12656Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11727Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9454Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7777Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7628Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7109Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6861Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
- 6397Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients