Up late with Big 12 basketball
Texas Tech’s Mike Singletary (32), middle, and Darko Cohadarevic (31) react after a play in front of Bryan Davis (0) of Texas A&M in the second half of the opening round game between Texas Tech and Texas A&M during the Big 12 Men’s Basketball Championship at the Ford Center in Oklahoma City, Wednesday, March 11, 2009. Texas Tech won, 88-83. PHOTO BY NATE BILLINGS, THE OKLAHOMAN
The days with four games in a row at the Big 12 Basketball Championship can take a lot out of you. When the tournament is in our town, we photograph every game. If the tournament were in Kansas City or Dallas, we would only photograph Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, our teams. By the time the fourth game rolls around on the first day, it can be hard to keep focused if neither OU or OSU are playing. Mike Singletary and Texas Tech, however, kept my attention in the second half with an amazing performance and made it worth sticking around last night.
Singletary scored 43 points, including 29 in a row, off the bench to lead Texas Tech to the biggest comeback in Big 12 tournament history. As the game was starting, I was still in the media workroom. I looked up at the score as I was editing photos from the Oklahoma State game against Iowa State. Texas A&M was up 15-2 early. At that point I didn’t feel too excited about rushing back out to the court to photograph a blowout. I’m glad I stuck around. Singletary’s reaction during Tech’s rally, seen above, made the best picture I took all day.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24367Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12839Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7010OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5994OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5476Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5061Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3886Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3822Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3626Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3264Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients