A Jim Chastain update
As both of our blog readers probably know, The Oklahoman is documenting the life of Jim Chastain, a Norman resident who has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. The newest installment to the story should be out in Sunday’s newspaper. I’ll also be updating the website, Life is Real, with new pictures and videos from time to time.
Even though he’s had cancer for over 7 years and been through a variety of treatments, Jim always kept his hair. He didn’t cut it often and sported a sort of mad-scientist, uncombed look. But this latest chemotherapy medicine, the one that has kept his cancer at bay (at least temporarily), finally took out his hair. Last Saturday, Jim had finally had enough of his thinning hair and went to a Norman stylist to get his head shaved.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15993Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12289Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11194OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9941Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9689Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8745Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8728Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5527Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5132Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4758Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients