Double Takes……..Another Look.
Each month I am part of the team that puts together the publication OKC Nstyle. I provide the photography that makes up the visual elements of the monthly featured fashion spread, and the oh so important cover.
When the photo shoot is done for each issue, I go through hundreds of photos, and edit out photos that I feel best represent the section. Some of the photos are to run for the inside spread, and then there are others those that are potential cover options. The cover options are a little more difficult to edit out. They have to meet a very specific size constraint that is very narrow, but also keeps the visual requirements of artistic value, composition and content. In the end there are usually between 7-12 photos that make the cut as options for the cover.
From there section designer Suzanne Green takes these options and makes up a few mock cover choices for the team to look over and proof.
As with all committee type input sessions, everyone has different cover options that are their favorite(s). After everyone has their input and offers up critiques, sometimes the cover that is chosen is the one we were hoping for, and other times it is not. Maybe next time right?
So after thinking about it for a while, I thought why can’t the next time be now. Why not provide a little behind the scenes look at some of the hard work that goes into the other cover options, and keep them from being lost in the mix.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16352OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13509Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12593Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9784Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9412Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7721Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7510Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7432'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 7083Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6955Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients