Last Summer, one of the reporters from The Oklahoman and I went to a club to photograph bull riders. Club Rodeo in Oklahoma City has an intriguing juxtaposition. There’s dancing and drinking at one end of the large room, but a few times a night, everyone gathers around to see amateur bull riders trying to earn a few hundred bucks.
Some of the guys were looking for an adrenaline rush, others were riding for practice, hoping to get to another level. There were a couple of interesting stories at the club on south Meridian. We planned to produce a story or multimedia package, but as often happens, we got busy. Then he got laid off, so that put an end to the Club Rodeo story. I found these images last week when I was cleaning off my computer’s hard drive. It seemed a shame that nobody would ever see them, so I put them here for both of you to enjoy.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 54680Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35701Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32594Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8907Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 8388Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5554Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4146OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3664George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3376Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3309Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients