VORTEX2 Day 4 Back to Oklahoma
After four days trying to shoot researchers deploying a research pod in the path of a storm, my safety minded driver drove past the deployment of the distrometer (laser rain guage) and by the time we turned around and I had jumped out of the car, the pod was out and on the ground. I got off three frames with a flash on camera. Two minutes and a mile later, the rain came in sheets, hail made the researchers put on bicycle helmets, and the light dropped to nothing. My flash shorted out after a coouple shots of the outside of the van. With my second camera maxed out at 3200 ISO I had to shoot at 1/15 second at f2.8. One shot was somewhat sharp.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21911Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17670Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12642Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10331Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9974Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9639Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7768OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7203Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 6526Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 5084Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients