We like to blog about things like this (or this) because we care about the pictures and because we feel that the pictures make a difference and we want both of you who read this to see it. Maybe, as in this case, a photographer brought in the story idea or had an idea to make a regular assignment into a multimedia slideshow or video. But we get sent to regular, daily assignments too just like all newspaper photographers everywhere. Groundbreakings are a perfect example. Newspaper photographers have been sent to groundbreaking ceremonies since the beginning of groundbreakings. I went to one on Monday in Norman.
Here’s a “behind the scenes” moment of a person arranging the dignitaries for their official groundbreaking picture.
I always try not to get a boring picture. I try to look for a picture that doesn’t feel as posed as groundbreaking pictures are designed to feel. Sometimes my idea makes the paper and sometimes it doesn’t.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients