A New nDepth
Slideshows take awhile to edit, especially when the topic is fairly broad. Last week when I photographed wrestlers at Perry High School for an nDepth project, the story idea behind Matt Patterson’s topic as he described it was “The History of Wrestling in Perry.” At the end of last Wednesday, I had 1,114 images and 9 interviews saved on my memory cards. That’s a lot more than if the story had been a bit narrower, like this one for example. For that one I had one interview and less than a hundred pictures.
To edit down from 1,114 I thought about how the quotes would form the story. I listened to the interviews and got an idea of the direction the interviews would take me, sorted through the images, and tagged the ones that I liked. That left me with 115 images. I sorted through those, looking for images that were redundant, picking out the ones that really helped move the story along. That third round of editing got me down to sixty images. After I got the sound edited and exported, I fit the sound and the pictures together, and did one last round of cutting pictures. The final slideshow about wrestlers in Perry features 34 photographs and parts of all 9 interviews. Take a look at the nDepth page too.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 77543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16211OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13739Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12057Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11932Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 11090Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 11021Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma tornado victims identified
- 9369How to help tornado victims
- 8451Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8284Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients