I enjoy photographing the finish line at a marathon. There’s so much emotion, exhaustion, relief all at once. So many stories. Some runners celebrate when they get to the end, others cry or get a hug from a family member, some just turn off their stopwatch and keep moving. I want to chase down every person that reacts as they cross the finish line. Ask them where they’re from, what makes them run, why they’re so excited. But right then, another couple crosses the line, holding hands and smiling. I forget the last runners and wonder about them instead.
Take a look at some of the images from today’s marathon by clicking here.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 40139Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13141Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12793New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 9982UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 8099Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 7523Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7421Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 6832Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6583Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5521Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients