People On Sundays
Merl Childs learned woodworking while serving 6 months in a federal prison. On Sunday, he set up a display of his work on a bench near the Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum in Oklahoma City and started shaping crosses. Childs, who lives in Del City, has been making crosses for about a year and a half. He sits in the morning sun between a tour bus from Durant, Oklahoma and a fence filled with momentos. “I’m gonna be a famous artist someday.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20835Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17666Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12055Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9067Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8577Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8462Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8039Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4986Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4489Woman arrested on complaint of offering to engage in act of prostitution in Midwest City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients