People on Sundays
Michael Childs is proud that three of his children have graduated from Midwest City High School. Proud that his youngest two are still there and on the honor roll for their grades. And, as he knocks on a wooden end table next to his chair, proud that he has no grandchildren. Natasha, Chris, Michael Jr., Casey and Ebony live with their father in a three bedroom house in Midwest City. He’s had full custody of them for the last six years. On Father’s Day, Childs took his children to church and they shared lunch. In the evening he straightened the house and prepared for another week at work while the kids did the dishes. “It’s tough sometimes. But I make the most of it.”
To see a Father’s Day slideshow click here.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 27414Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17780Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8920UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8299Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8258Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 8241OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8000Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 6391Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5825Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5287Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients