The best rodeo in Oklahoma
We cover a lot of rodeos at The Oklahoman. The one that our photo staff looks forward to the most every year is the International Finals Youth Rodeo in Shawnee. The great thing about the IFYR is that most of the competition happens during the day. Rodeo can make great pictures, however, most of the rodeos we photograph happen at night or in dark, dingy arenas.
The beautiful atmosphere of this rodeo really comes through in the sun. The daylight allows us to use higher shutter speeds to stop the action better as well. So, the IFYR is the best rodeo, for pictures at least, in Oklahoma.
Here are some photos and galleries of pictures from the competition.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients