There’s plenty of behind-the-scenes work that’s done on Media Day at our local Division 1 colleges, and, of course, there’s plenty of waiting.
On Sunday local media outlets converged at Gallagher-Iba Arena on Oklahoma State University to photograph fans getting autographs, press conferences, practices and portraits of players. At some point in the hour and a half wait for the players to arrive for the player availability part of the day, the media relations team brought in helmets that we could use for portraits (above). Staff Photographer Bryan Terry got portraits at OSU, while a few days before, Chris Landsberger photographed players at the University of Oklahoma. Meanwhile, I photographed practices and fan appreciation events at OSU and Steve Sisney photographed Fan Appreciation day in Norman. You can see photo galleries from both events by clicking here. The portraits will run in the August 29 newspaper, and we’ll talk about them on Alternate Crop as well.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17776Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 14796Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11428Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11084'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10542Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9183Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 8337OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6864Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6373Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5941Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients