The water is fine
I was cold when I woke up on Sunday morning. The night before, I’d convinced myself to wear swim trunks to work so I could stand in Lake Hefner and get pictures of the IronKids Triathlon in Oklahoma City. When the alarm went of at 6:15 AM, I started trying to talk myself out of it, ‘I could just use a 300mm and stand on the shore.’ Once I got in the lake though, I was glad I wore shorts and crocs. After so many days of triple-degree heat and no rain, the water was fairly warm, even before 7 AM. If you haven’t lately, take a look at the gallery for more images from the event.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients