Better to Receive
We know football season is around the corner when we get Media Day assignments. I’ve written about these phenomena before, but yesterday, pictures that our staff photographers took during media days several weeks ago, were finally used in the newspaper.
Staff photographers Bryan Terry and Chris Landsberger hauled lights, backgrounds and cameras out to Oklahoma State and University of Oklahoma campuses earlier this month to get portraits of some of the star players. Here’s a couple of images from the events, but for more sports coverage related to the recently released college football sections, click here.
We photographed the media days on different days, in different towns and under different conditions. Chris and Bryan tried to get the light as consistent as possible, even though Bryan was indoors at Gallagher-Iba Arena and Chris was outdoors at Memorial Stadium in Norman. They used the same grey backdrop and put one light on each side of the backdrop, slightly behind the players and then one directly behind and slightly above the photographer. The covers of the special sections looked fantastic. Seeing those sections in the paper means that football season is no longer around the corner. It’s here.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients