Lightning, Rainbows and Luck
After a brief storm in Oklahoma City on Thursday night, Nate Billings and I ended up with interesting pictures of the rainbow that appeared on the east side of the city. Nate was assigned to photograph a football game at Bishop McGuinness High School and ended up with the best rainbow picture of the night (above). I ended up with the least likely lightning picture, technically speaking. I got back to the office after photographing a memorial service in Oklahoma City when the rainbow appeared. With no good foreground like Nate had, I thought I’d click a few pictures of the rainbow and show them to my daughter when I got home. I had my camera set at 1/320 of a second, at f 3.5, 160 ISO. I clicked one frame and suddenly saw lightning. When I looked at the LCD screen on the back of the camera, I was glad to see that I’d captured the lightning and the rainbow in my second frame.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 7769Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients