A New Way Of Looking At Something Old
For this year’s State Fair I wanted to do a photo project that captured the sights and sounds of all the activities that take place during the ten day event. The thing that I wanted to do was display the package in a little different way than other projects are done.
The next thing was ‘how can I do this’. I thought about how digital cameras have made picture taking an instantaneous process these days. So this started me thinking about how in the ‘old days’ that instant photography was only available if you shot on a polaroid camera. The two of these processes quickly brought my idea together.
I would combine today’s digital photography with the ‘retro’ polaroid. Next, find a way to accomplish this. Since my digital SLR cameras can only do 35 mm format, I had to set them aside for this project and find me a digital polaroid camera? My search only had to go as far as my IPhone to get this done. I found an app that turned the built in digital camera into a digital polaroid. So now I was on my way. I grabbed my IPhone and my audio recorder , and was on my way to the 2009 State Fair.
As I walked through the fair I shot some of the little things I saw along the way, and recorded natural sound along with a few personal accounts of the thousands of people I saw enjoying themselves. In the end, I cam up with a slideshow that gives you a one minute and 30 second look at some of the things I saw at this year’s fair. Hope you enjoy. – Chris Landsberger
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients