Blessing the Animals
I was about to give up on this assignment. I wandered around a completely empty First Presbyterian Church in Norman for about 15 minutes looking for the Blessing of the Animals service. Finally, I found Rev. Pam Normile and the service, which was held in the corner of a parking lot across the street from the church.
Visually, the service was very interesting. A semi-circle of chairs in a half empty parking lot, a small table with a cross and dogs running around everywhere. You can watch a slideshow of the service by clicking here.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20548Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16464Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11845Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 11178Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9890Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9386OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5427Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 5123Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4825Student shot dead during botched home invasion
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients