Monday Morning Photo Editor
It’s fair to say that there were more people observing college football on Saturday night than were observing the moon. Nate Billings and Sarah Phipps covered the game in Stillwater between Oklahoma State and Tulsa, while Steve Sisney, Chris Landsberger and Bryan Terry observed the game in Norman between OU and Air Force. I always look forward to looking through the archives to see what our photographers got from each game. Maybe it’s because I haven’t photographed a college football game since 2008, but I’m always extremely impressed with the quality of the pictures and the amount of work they put into covering the games. My favorite this week is Steve Sisney’s picture of one of the OU coaches celebrating with his players. I’ve seen many reaction photos over the years, but I don’t think I’ve seen a coach reacting that far off the ground. Take a look for yourself at the images and see what you think. Photos from the OU game are here, while the OSU gallery is here.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes
- 51Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 35High schools: Practices called off long before tornado hit Moore
- 32Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients