“Barry Sanders scores his third touchdown” is something I have not put in a photo caption for quite awhile, but I did last night. Not THE Barry Sanders from OSU and the NFL Hall of Famer, but his son, Barry Sanders, Jr., a running back at Heritage Hall. Heritage Hall played last night against NOAH, a school from Tulsa, and it was Senior Night. During the first half while I was there, Barry Sanders, Jr. scored four touchdowns on runs of 73, 72, 62 and 31. He added one more TD in the second half and finished with 313 total yards. Deja Vu!
One of the fun things about my long career at The Oklahoman (33 years) is photographing the children of the people I’ve photographed over the years. In the 80′s it was Barry Sanders at OSU and now it’s Barry Sanders, Jr. at Heritage Hall. Who knows, maybe I’ll be around long enough to photograph his children!
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24594Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 16991Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10679OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 9258Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7954Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7390UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 6889Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5783Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5259Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4425Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients