A new addition
Today I was assigned to shoot pictures of a newborn gorilla at the Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden. It was not an easy task to take pictures of the baby gorilla. The zoo enclosure was very dark and I had to shoot through a reflective glass. To make matters worse momma Kelele sat on a perch and kept her arms tightly wrapped around her precious new bundle.
I waited for over an hour for Kelele to come close to the window so I could get a good view, but it was difficult to focus the camera through the window. She kept her arms wrapped around the tiny, little ape only giving me quick peeks of the baby.
Perhaps the most difficult part of taking pictures of the baby was a jealous orangutan housed next door to the apes. When I focused my camera on the gorillas, the orangutan would pound the glass until I turned and looked. It would then pose for photos with its blanket. I couldn’t resist taking a quick picture.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11867Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11199Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7813Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7743Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4737Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4255OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3606Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 3568Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3561Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3556How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients