Random acts of art
There’s a tunnel on the east side of the capitol that is decorated with a series of murals depicting different regions and events in the state of Oklahoma. The sand dunes at Little Sahara, wheat harvests, city skylines and Barry Sanders as the OSU running back are a few of the scenes in the poorly lit walkway. My favorite of the whole bunch is this scene of a firefighter climbing through smoke while children play in the foreground. Every time I visit the capitol and see this mural, I think it would make the perfect cover to the science fiction novel Hellstrom’s Hive by Frank Herbert.
As for random acts of art, if you somehow missed this slideshow from October 2009 you should give it a quick look.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6362Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6064Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients