Winners in the annual AP/ONE Awards were announced last night during a banquet in Oklahoma City. The awards recognize the best photographs, stories, and websites during the 2010 calendar year. The Oklahoman Photo department won a host of awards including first place in every category for still photographers; Sports, Spot News, General News, Feature, Website Photo and Photo Package, as well as the Sweepstakes Award in Photography. Here’s a couple of the winning images. Readers of Alternate Crop will recognize some of these pictures, since we’ve written about them in previous posts.
When contest time rolls around, we start gathering up our favorite pictures from the last year and put them in a folder in our archives. Here’s a gallery of all the pictures that were nominated for this year’s AP contest. Not all of these were used, of course, but it still makes for a gallery of nice images. You can see more images from The Oklahoman’s photography department by clicking here, or you can read a story about the awards by clicking here.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients