The Stanley Cup and game 7 aftermath
I know almost nothing about hockey. I’ve photographed minor league teams like the Blazers and the Barons, but I’m not even close to understanding the complexities of the game. Still, nothing in sports in as captivating to me as the Stanley Cup. There are crystal footballs all over the country. The Mavericks will keep their trophy and a new one will be made next year for the NBA Champions, but there’s only one Stanley Cup. Players work their entire lives trying to get their names engraved on it.
On Wednesday night, the Boston Bruins beat the Vancouver Canucks and hoisted Lord Stanley’s Cup. Outside the arena, residents of Vancouver rioted in the streets. You can see images from the game, pictures of the Boston players with the Stanley Cup and the mayhem in Vancouver by following this link.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients