The Road To Recovery
On May 24, 2011 life was changed for many Oklahoman as multiple tornados tracked across the state leaving in its wake the devastation of destroyed homes and loss of life. The path of destruction hit Calumet, Okla. and leveled the family home of Jesse, Miranda and Copper Lewis. Luckily no one was injured, but the family lost most of everything they owned as the tornado spread their belongings for miles northeast from where their home once stood.
The following day friends, family, neighbors and complete strangers voluntarily arrived to provide aide for the Lewis family, as they began the process salvaging any personal items they could find, and take the first steps of recovery after the tornado. Miranda Lewis was able to recover a few very important items like her undamaged wedding dress, husbands wedding ring and the boots he was married in.
Through out the process Miranda kept an extremely positive attitude as she picked through the rubble that was once her home, and even took the time to laugh as she modeled an undamaged red dress she found in the pile of debris.
Having experienced this life changing event, the Lewis family is now moving forward , and beginning to rebuild. They are living in a rental home just a few miles from their old home , and will rebuild where it once stood. Over the next year or so I will be following the Lewis family as they work to recover and rebuild, and will provide updates on their progress along the way.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients