Chasing spot news
Spot News is a term we use to describe news events that aren’t planned. Fires, tornadoes, shootings, floods and robberies would all be considered spot news. Staff Photographer Steve Gooch chased down an interesting spot news event on Wednesday and got some unusual pictures. Using one of our police scanners, he got into position to photograph a suspect who was taken down and bitten on the face by a police dog.
While looking for a place to park close to the event, but not too close, Gooch heard police alert each other to a white male in a black Impala driving slowly through the neighborhood. That just so happened to match the description of Gooch. While he was watching the Oklahoma City Police, they were watching him too.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16150OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14605Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10995Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9399Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9121'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8921Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7695Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7584Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7477Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7078Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients