I was in Edmond on Friday when I saw a plume of smoke off in the distance. I started to follow the smoke and found myself in Luther, Okla. I stayed in the town and talked with families in the center part of town. We watched the smoke plume blow east of town until the wind shifted west. Soon, I found myself face to face to a wall of flames. Like the residents, I jumped in the car and drove west, quickly.
This weekend the Oklahoman photographers scrambled to cover the wildfires as they broke out across the state.
Here are some of our photos.
See all of our photo galleries from this weekend by clicking these links:
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20548Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16464Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11845Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 11178Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9890Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9386OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5427Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 5123Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4825Student shot dead during botched home invasion
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients