Pictures from Libya and around the world
Last week I spoke with an Oklahoma City resident who has family in Libya. Mohamed Elyazgi said communication in his hometown had been cut off, so he couldn’t speak with his brother and sister who still live there. He hoped that the rebels would eventually be victorious and end Moammar Gadhafi’s regime. This weekend, rebel forces got a step closer to that by moving into Tripoli and capturing Gadhafi’s son and one-time heir apparent, Seif al-Islam.
You can see more pictures from this weekend’s fighting in Libya by clicking here. Follow this link to see more images from events around the world, or click here to see images by photographers at The Oklahoman.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3630Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3502How to help tornado victims
- 3466Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients