Patriotism in general
Driving west on I-240 last week I saw a flag poking out of the fence on a pedestrian bridge and out over traffic. As I pulled into a nearby parking lot, I guessed that Ted Krey was probably the guy holding the flag. You’ve probably seen Ted around Oklahoma City. He runs the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon holding the flag. I’ve photographed him at anniversaries for the Oklahoma City Bombing and a few other events. Krey is a retired Marine and was also a first responder in 1995 after the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Building.
On Wednesday, as he held the flag, drivers waved and honked as a show of support for Ted’s efforts, the troops overseas, or maybe just patriotism in general. Only one guy flipped him off.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11235Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 11138Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5575Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5081Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4332OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4278Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4021How to help tornado victims
- 3839Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 3543Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 3013Name of missing Kingfisher teen released
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients