Macro photography-A better version
As both of you know, I’ve been trying to get good macro pictures in my spare time by reversing a 50mm lens. I’ve written a couple of blog posts about it. Staff Writer Ken Raymond recently wrote a story about a student at OU who puts my macro pictures to shame.
Thomas Shahan’s pictures have been published in magazines around the world and even sold to M.I.T. to be used in scientific textbooks. It was by looking at his macro pictures that I found out that the insect doing the eating in the picture above is called a Robber Fly.
You can see more pictures by staff photographers at The Oklahoman by clicking here. You can always click on photographs featured on Alternate Crop for a closer view.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25412Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15758Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9844UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8808Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7879Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 7543Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6502Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6399OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6273Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5958Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients