Hey, take my picture.
I covered the City Rescue Mission’s grand opening for its new Impact Hunger Food Resource Center on Wednesday. As I was standing outside the center for the ribbon cutting ceremony, John Henry Martin asked me to take his picture. I followed him inside the center as he shopped for food.
The center at 831 W California is across from the shelter at 800 W California. Mission leaders said the center is part of the shelter’s FeedOKCNow Campaign to provide nutritious food to the poor, disadvantaged and homeless in the community.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24523Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15852Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10645Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9696Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9156Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8753Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8578Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7656Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7634Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6870UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients