For the Love of Cars
Make no mistake, being a photographer for a newspaper is a great job, but most of the time we take photos for stories that, while interesting and challenging, are not by choice. Oct. 27 was different. There was an assignment I wanted to do. I mean REALLY wanted to do. The oldest Porsche sold in America, a 1952 Porsche Cabriolet.
As a life-long car enthusiast, there are few things I would rather do than photograph cars or talk about cars. I got the bug from my Dad. During my middle and high school years he bought, worked on and traded sports cars and I went along for the ride. At one point Dad had a yellow 1956 Porsche 356a with a sunroof, so that piqued my interest in Dr. Robert Wilson’s Porsche.
I love to explore the lines of the older cars that were built when the designers ruled, not the accountants and marketing teams. And this 356 is a jewel. Learning about the history of the car was exciting. To learn more, watch the video.
Hope you enjoy looking at the photos as much as I did taking them. To see a gallery click here
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17094Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9372Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9356Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6811Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6759Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6251Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6008UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 5965Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4858Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients