‘Check your self!!’
There’s a new sign in the catwalk at the OKC Arena. Printed on a piece of typing paper, it reads ‘It is 96 feet from here to the floor. If you drop something it is probably going to kill somebody. Check your self!!’ I like the new sign. Good advice and a good place to end our recent hiatus on Alternate Crop. Here’s a few Thunder basketball pictures that you didn’t see in the newspaper.
Photographers from The Oklahoman use eight strobes, mounted in the catwalks of the OKC Arena, to light up the action on the court. A receiver is mounted to the lights, and we have transmitters mounted on the cameras we use sitting behind the baseline on the court. I usually use one camera with the lights and one without. Here’s what a difference that burst of light makes to the camera settings. I took the picture above at 400 ISO, f. 4.5 at 1/250th of a second. Sarah Phipps took the picture below with a 300mm lens, ISO 3200, f. 2.8 at 1/1600th of a second. We post photo galleries of the Thunder games with all the images we’ve turned in after each game. You can see those galleries and more by clicking here.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16859Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12191OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11527'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11272Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11209Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9827Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7998Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6986Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6951Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5788Oklahoma Corrections Department director to resign
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients