Jerry Laizure, 1953-2012
Last week we lost Jerry Laizure. He was a legend in the Oklahoma photo community and one of the best people you could have ever met.
Always helpful and witty, Jerry made every assignment easier and a lot of fun.
Once you were part of Jerry’s club (and just about everybody was), he would do anything to help you, even at the expense of doing his own job. For many out-of-town photographers who had shoots in Norman, Jerry was their first call for information or assistance.
Jerry’s signature look was the Hawaiian shirt. And many of the hundreds of people who attended his memorial service last Saturday wore a Hawaiian shirt in his honor. Some of the photographers there gathered briefly for the photo below.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients