Class 6A girls basketball: Tulsa Union holds off Norman North
Tulsa Union turned up the pace on Norman North and the Lady Redskins set the tempo for a 44-40 win in the first round of the Class 6A girls basketball state tournament Thursday.
SKIATOOK — Tulsa Union turned up the pace on Norman North and the Lady Redskins set the tempo for a 44-40 win in the first round of the Class 6A girls basketball state tournament Thursday.
NewsOK Related Articles
I’mani Davis led Union with 16 points while Brittany Hill added 12.
Tulsa Union (18-10) will play Bixby at 9 a.m. Friday in one semifinal. Bixby won two of three between the teams. Bixby won 41-40 in mid-December, Union won 66-35 in early February before Bixby won 57-46 in regionals.
Bixby was without star Stevi Parker in the second meeting, though.
“They took their time with us last time,” Union coach Jim Stacy said. “We didn’t handle it very well. We’re going to have to do the little things better.”
Norman North’s season ends 19-8.
The Timberwolves, with a rotation of all underclassmen, figure to have an excellent shot to return next year.
“This was a great season,” Norman North coach Jeff Blough said. “The kids worked hard all the way from KU team camp throughout the year.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 85341Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16721OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12445Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11152Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9705Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9037How to help tornado victims