UPDATE: Carbon monoxide sickens south Oklahoma City workers

Workers at Compressor Systems Inc. complained of feeling sick from carbon monoxide, but recovered quickly after leaving the building.
FROM STAFF REPORTS Modified: March 8, 2013 at 11:08 am •  Published: March 8, 2013
Advertisement
;

11:05 a.m. About 7:40 a.m. firefighters responded to a report of carbon monoxide poisoning, Battalion Chief Dewey Schmidt said. Schmidt said Compressor Systems Inc. already had been evacuated. Five men who had been working inside a compressor testing area were affected by carbon monoxide buildup due to improper ventilation. All five men, who complained of dizziness, were fine after getting fresh air, Schmidt said. The problem was corrected and workers were able to return to work, he said.

8:30 a.m. A south Oklahoma City business was evacuated Friday morning due to carbon monoxide fumes, firefighters said.

Compressor Systems Inc., 5300 S Rockwell Ave., was evacuated about 8 a.m. because several workers complained of feeling sick, firefighters said. The workers felt better after getting fresh air.

No one was taken to a hospital.


Advertisement


Related Map

Enlarge Map

Trending Now



AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Oklahoma City Thunder: Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes calls drug suspension unfair
  2. 2
    Dave Chappelle Reveals Shockingly Buff New Look
  3. 3
    Peaches Geldof Funeral to Be Held on Easter Monday
  4. 4
    Mayor Who Fired Lesbian Police Chief Caught On Tape In Homophobic Tirade
  5. 5
    NBA commissioner wants to raise age limit to 20
+ show more