UPDATE: Carbon monoxide sickens south Oklahoma City workers

Workers at Compressor Systems Inc. complained of feeling sick from carbon monoxide, but recovered quickly after leaving the building.
FROM STAFF REPORTS Modified: March 8, 2013 at 11:08 am •  Published: March 8, 2013
Advertisement
;

11:05 a.m. About 7:40 a.m. firefighters responded to a report of carbon monoxide poisoning, Battalion Chief Dewey Schmidt said. Schmidt said Compressor Systems Inc. already had been evacuated. Five men who had been working inside a compressor testing area were affected by carbon monoxide buildup due to improper ventilation. All five men, who complained of dizziness, were fine after getting fresh air, Schmidt said. The problem was corrected and workers were able to return to work, he said.

8:30 a.m. A south Oklahoma City business was evacuated Friday morning due to carbon monoxide fumes, firefighters said.

Compressor Systems Inc., 5300 S Rockwell Ave., was evacuated about 8 a.m. because several workers complained of feeling sick, firefighters said. The workers felt better after getting fresh air.

No one was taken to a hospital.


Advertisement


Related Map

Enlarge Map

Trending Now



AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Herschel Walker says he could still play in NFL
  2. 2
    School Bus, Motorcycle Crash In NW OKC - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and...
  3. 3
    Oldest living former MLB player dies at 102
  4. 4
    Oklahoma football: Bob Stoops stops by Kentucky practice
  5. 5
    Grizzlies' Courtney Lee says Memphis likes Westbrook taking shots
+ show more